Report a Problem

Pothole concerns should be reported to the Service Department at 440-582-3002. Please provide closet address as possible. This does not include potholes on private streets, business parking lots or off the street in the apron area.

Snowplow Damaged Mailbox
Generally, our snow plows do not hit mailboxes, however, the weight and force of the snow coming off our plows can damage or knock down a mailbox. We recommend residents inspect their mailbox prior to winter season to make sure it is structurally sound. Make sure all screws, nails, bolts are secure, post is in good condition and securely in the ground.

The City will repair mailboxes, if damaged by City snow plow operations. If your mailbox is damaged by City snow plowing, contact the Service Department at 440-582-3002.

The Service Department will come out as soon as possible to repair or replace mailboxes. If minor damage has occurred, we will repair your current mailbox. If your mailbox and/or post needs to be completely replaced the City will install either a standard metal mailbox and/or wood post or a Step2 mailbox. We do not have a reimbursement program.

Please note: at times we may leave you a temporary mailbox so that you can continue to receive mail service until we can repair or replace your mailbox.

Snowplow Damaged Tree Lawn
If your tree lawn has been damaged by city snowplows, please call the Service Department at 440-582-3002. Repairs will begin in early spring or when weather permits.

Water Leaks
If you see water bubbling up or a continual wet spot on the road, in the ditch or grass area of tree lawns, or by fire hydrants, contact the Cleveland Water Department directly 24/7 at 216-664-3060.

Upon the Cleveland Water Department finishing the repair, they will notify the Service Department to complete permanent repairs to the roadway. Cleveland Water Department handles any repairs needed to your lawn or driveway. If you discover any brown water from your faucets, it is best to run your cold water until it becomes clear. If the water does not run clear after a few minutes, contact the Cleveland Water Department immediately.

Street Signs Down or Missing
Report the location and type of sign (if possible) to the Service Department at 440-582-3002.

Traffic Signals
Report the location to the Police Department at 440-237-8686.

Street Lights
Report a street light outage or problem to First Energy at 1-800-633-4766.

Residents can also visit First Energy’s website at and completed required outage information. Provide as much information as possible (closest address or pole#). You do not need to give an account number.