The Engineering Department advises City officials, boards and commissions, residents and the development community on issues pertaining to engineering. Staff prepares preliminary plans, layouts, estimates and reports concerning any public improvements contemplated by the City. This department also makes recommendations regarding the engineering features of dedication plans, utility plans and all aspects of private development plans.
The Engineering Department also, on occasion, performs the following services:
- Prepares plans, profiles, specifications and estimates of costs for public improvements.
- Serves as the authorized representative of the City and supervises the execution of public works undertaken by the City.
- Furnishes plans, specifications and estimates of the costs of public improvements for the guidance of the City’s decision makers and for the information and guidance of other persons dealing with the City.
- Provides reports on the progress of improvements under its charge.
- Prepares grant applications for County, State and/or Federal programs.