National Preparedness Month (NPM), recognized each September, provides an opportunity to remind us that we all must prepare ourselves and our families now and throughout the year. This NPM will focus on planning, with an overarching theme: Disasters Happen. Prepare Now. Learn How.
Read below for Week 2 information. I have also included several links with more information pertaining to this week’s Life Saving Skills.
Week 2: September 9-15-Learn Life Saving Skills
- Know basic home maintenance to protect your family and home. Learn how to mitigate your home against flood damage, or protect against the impacts of earthquakes..
- Learn how to turn off utilities, like natural gas in your home. https://www.ready.gov/safety-skills
- Put smoke alarms on every level of your home, test them monthly, and replace them when they are 10 years old.
- Know the ways to keep your home safe from cooking, heating & electrical fires. https://www.ready.gov/home-fires
- On National Day of Action, Saturday, September, 15, attend a preparedness event, practice a plan at home or make a kit, link - https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
Save the Date:
Also Cuyahoga County Office of Emergency Management (CCOEM) will host a preparedness event at SouthPark Mall (500 Southpark Center, Strongsville, OH 44136), on September 22, 2018 from Noon-3pm. The event will provide citizens with information on how to better prepare for emergencies within their homes, businesses, schools, and communities. Several organizations will be on hand, including: the Strongsville Police Department, the RTA Police (KidWatch), US Coast Guard Auxiliary, United Way, Cuyahoga County Department of Consumer Affairs, the American Red Cross, Concentra, the Cuyahoga County Amateur Radio Emergency Service, and of course the Cuyahoga County Office of Emergency Management!
The celebration of the 200th year of our great city is still going on!
The Museum will be Open during the Harvest Fest on Sunday, September 23rd.
Come get your Bicentennial Tee Shirt and Pennant before they are gone!
We have Bicentennial Tee Shirts and
Pennants with the above logo available.
Many shirt sizes available at $12 each or
two for $20. All proceeds benefit the NR
Historical Society. Thank you.
We are always looking for new people with new ideas on how we can preserve
the history of NR! We appreciate your help and support!
Contact Georgia at 440-773-4509 (cell/text) or email email@example.com