P/T CLERICAL I
GENERAL STATEMENT OF WORK:
Reception duties, Jail/Building Security and processing of police records/citations.
JOB DESCRIPTION RELATED TO CLERK DUTIES:
- Assist public at walk-in window, gather information and direct as necessary.
- Process citations, tow tags, reports, formal complaints and warrants as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
JOB DESCRIPTION RELATED TO JAIL OPERATIONS:
- Maintain security of the jail and building perimeter
- Monitor the building perimeter through use of CCTV
- Verify authorized personnel who wish to gain entry into the interior of the police department and either permit or deny as necessary
- Maintain control in electronically opening and closing doors with access into the interior of the police department
- Operate the departmental fire alarm box and provide information as necessary to the appropriate personnel
- Monitor jail operations through use of CCTV and assist the jail staff by providing the assistance needed in the jail with city assets or those provided by mutual aid agreements
- Verify authorized personnel who wish to enter or exit the jail perimeter and either permit or deny as necessary
- Maintain control in electronically opening / closing doors with access into the perimeter of the jail
- Maintain control in electronically unlocking and locking doors within the jail perimeter
- Assist jail staff in electronically limiting or isolating jail services
- Maintain physical control over keys assigned to the control center and physically open or close any doors as necessary when directed by the jail staff.
- Provide information requested by appropriate personnel for departmental operations
- Query and relay criminal history information to appropriate personnel for investigative and operational concerns
- Query and relay warrant information to the jail staff on any subjects who are either brought into the jail or are about to be released from jail
- Query and/or relay information to the jail staff regarding subjects who are visiting prisoners in jail or have concerns about those held in jail
- Provide necessary information to the jail staff regarding records management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be a high school graduate or have equivalent certification (G.E.D.);
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of appointment;
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime;
- Must be able to operate communications equipment including, but not limited to, telephone, radio, and computer;
- Must have good, accurate typing skills and use proper grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation
- If not State certified in LEADS and NCIC, must be willing and able to attain certification upon employment.
Applications are available at www.northroyalton.org
and City Hall, 14600 State Road, North Royalton, OH 44133 between 8:00am and 4:30pm. Completed applications can be dropped off at City Hall or emailed to email@example.com
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
P/T CORRECTIONS OFFICER
- Oversees security and control of prisoners
- Operates and maintains equipment and sanitary conditions in jail
- Performs prisoner bookings, including paperwork, transfer of property, fingerprinting and searches Completes necessary paperwork and maintenance of records
- Performs other tasks and duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of uses and purposes of general construction tools and equipment; safe work practices.
- Ability to perform unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in a variety of construction and maintenance activities; perform heavy manual labor; learn to operate a variety of construction and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of specific instructions, manage time, prioritize tasks, and work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions; problem solve.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, and supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess Ohio Driver License and have a strong driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics are those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has the ability to work safely; Standing, walking, use hands and fingers, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, participate in recreation activities might occur. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Repetitive use of computer keyboard. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in the office and moderate to loud in the field.